Friday, June 22, 2012

Same God . . . Different Year

I can't believe that it has been almost 2 years since our last post. I think it was because of some technical issues that we gave up on the blog . . . but not on our sisterhood or our spirituality. We've done some amazing studies between us all--First Place 4 Health; Beth Moore studies on Revelation and the Psalms of Ascent; The Purpose Driven Christmas; and studies in Acts, the Armor of God, and many other personal studies. A lot has changed with our church, as well. Some of us went separate ways, some of us stayed where we were, some of us finally found where we belonged, and some of us are still searching for the place where God wants us to be. But we are all still trying to have a close personal relationship with God.

Yesterday, Candice reminded me of the long-lost blog and I decided to look it up for myself. As I read the last post about my struggles as I was looking for a job and my "freak out" over my computer issues, I find myself in a similar position: needing to be reminded to put my entire trust in God and realize he will provide! I did find a certified teaching position almost a year after the last post, and I just finished my first year teaching. However, where I thought that me having that job would solve so many things in my life, I realized that God is probably saying what I say about many of my students: "I can't believe she hasn't learned this by now!"

He is still trying to teach me patience and humilty. I am still asking for help with my anxieties and unbelief. Every time I think that I've "learned my lesson," something in my life proves that I haven't and I find the Spirit leading me back to the familar scriptures to remind me I am only human. Just when I think I have it all figured out, He puts me in my place and shows that its not about me "figuring it out", its about me conforming to His will.

One positive thing that I can say about my last post is that my God did show me His will when I did patiently wait for it. I took long-term subs and assistant positions and was humble (as humble as imperfect me can be) and He answered my prayers and gave me an amazing opportunity in the school district that educated me and that is educating my children, not to mention at the school that's only minutes from my house! I have been the receipient of His blessings and He has answered many prayers for me and mine (and I'm sure many of you as well). I have seen the evidence of Him working in my life, and this certainly helps me to overcome my unbelief. And I just want to give my Amazing Heavenly Father all the glory, because it is His! If nothing else, I've learned that God doesn't always answer our prayers because we deserve it or because we need it. He often answers our prayers to bring Him glory. And that is all this life is about: to bring our Creator GLORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment