Saturday, July 17, 2010

Enduring and Persevering

I just had a major breakthrough! I was studying chap 5 of James and reading about patience and suffering and endurance and perseverance. James instructs his readers to follow the examples of the prophets and Job, and of course we have the examples of the 1st century Christians as well. But I'm not in a lion's den like Daniel . . . I'm not covered in boils like Job . . . I'm not experiencing severe persecution like the Christians in James's time. I'm not even suffering like I've had during harder times in my past.

But God doesn't specify how great our sufferings must be. I just discovered that He will help me endure whatever I'm going through now, no matter how small, and help me to persevere IN FAITH! If He is mighty enough to help His faithful survive floods, fiery furnances, etc., He certainly is able to help me with whatever I'm dealing with: even a job search, buying a new car, or searching for a new home. I just have to be committed to putting my faith in him and persevering in joy through my so-called "trials" no matter how small I think they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment