Saturday, July 24, 2010

Where Have I Seen Jehovah Jireh?

When I first read Kim's blog I wasn't sure that I had seen Jehovah Jireh, but after sharing my fasting story she pointed out that I could definitely blog about that. The more I thought about it, the more I realized she was so right. I am fasting from coffee to show my humility to God and to present a sacrificial spirit. At first I thought I was only sacrificing coffee. The blessing I received in return was growing closer to God because I used that ritual "coffee time" for devotion time instead.

But as I was praying one morning, I realized that sacrificing the coffee was just an example of a larger sacrifice that I must make: myself. I realized the ultimate reason for the fasting was for me to remember that I must submit myself completely to God! I must be able to sacrifice my entire self to serve Him! After I made this "revelation", I was completely elated.

One of the blessings I've received since realizing what it truly means to have a sacrificial spirit is finding out that Andrew's job is secure for another year instead of just through September. And in the heat of the summer as I try to push-mow my lawn, my Daddy gives me a riding lawn mower. These are small blessings, but blessings nonetheless. Thanks, Kim, for pointing out Jehovah Jireh in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment