Friday, May 14, 2010

Hello Again-
I hope that God is doing some cool stuff in your midst. Of course as you know I am running behind in our study. I read this morning 1 Cornthians 13....the love chapter. As most of you, I have read this many times, heard it preached and heard it recited at weddings. But today for me was different. As I was reading what love is, the question came up.... Is this kind of love being shown by the churches today? Sadly....sometimes its not. As I was reading I journaled on what love should look like.
Love should look like this.....nice, not jealous, not arrogant, not haughty, not rude, not selfish, not easily angered, keeps no record of wrong doings (who did what to me and remember other people's sin) forebearing (puts up with stuff because of love), believes, hopes and endures. My thought process was this.... If there is someone in your life that shows, jealousy, or rude to you and acts haughty.....they can't love you. When they continue to treat you like this it's not love, the kind of love that we as Chrisitans are capable of giving. In Matthew Jesus warns "beware of false prhoets who come to you in sheeps clothing but inwardly they are reavenous wolves" and in chapter 10:16..."Behold I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves". What I'm saying is there is so many people that say they are Chrisitans and show NO LOVE at all. They are haughty, arrogant and selfish and don't mind throwing those "firey darts" that Paul talks about and using their tongue to stab you when they feel insecure about what God is doing in your life. The Bible is very clear on this area, there is no grey area here. I'm tired of false people in church! I pray that the body of Christ rise up above the "false witnesses" and show the true love that Jesus shows us. As sisters in Christ let's stand and pray that we LOVE at all times and remember that we are representing Jesus our Lord and Savior. (Lord start it with me)

2 comments:

  1. KIMMMM!!!MMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Thank you for the Word today.... I am so sure that the Holy Spirit has worked in you to share this thought process with ME! I have searched for this strength this week and Praise God that through you, I have been blessed! Thanks Sister. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I know we talked about his the other day, but I had to publish it so the others could see, as well. Your post led me to think about how some of the people in churches today are like the Pharisees in Jesus' time. They are so worried about doctrine, tradition, procedure, etc., that there is no longer any concentration on shepherding and loving! I, too, pray that the LOVE we are supposed to have for one another overcomes all of that other stuff! I'm so glad that we are a bunch of Sisters in Christ that already recognize this.

    ReplyDelete