Friday, May 7, 2010

I am a chapter behind. I have just finished Chapter 4. I want to share what stood out for me. She uses the Scripture Ecc 4:9-10,12...."Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. For either of them falls when there is not another to lift him up...and if one can overpower him who is alone, two can resist him. A cord of threefold strands is not easily broken".
I have always loved this scripture and two months ago a lady was praying over me and she prayed this scripture.So when I was doing my study and came across this scripture, my ears opened and I listened. Well this is what the Holy Spirit taught me....The scripture talks of 2 people walking together in unity but look at the last verse of this, Solomon uses a "threefold cord" in the closing. Well when 2 people walk together wheather it is a husband & wife, sister & sister in Christ, brother & brother in Christ, there is something that happens when God's people bind togther. 3 fold is for 3 persons, who is the third person .....Jesus of course! In Matthew 18:20 Jesus says "For where two or more are gathered together in My name I AM there in the midst of them" and Jesus in our midst is something we definately want! When we walk together and love one another, Jesus is there in our midst and that "threefold cord" can not be broken! WOW....how powerful we are in Christ when we love and hold each other up. That is what I want us to do. Let's bind togher in LOVE and see Jesus work in our midst!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kim---How absolutely lovely. Those are the tiny quiet words of the Holy Spirit leading us to divine knowledge. It has really helped me to SLOW DOWN in the Word and really pay attention to the details.
    Yes, let's invite Jesus into our relationships and commit to Him to bind us together in LOVE for one another.
    I ADORE what I am grasping from the Spirit...
    Happy Mother's Day to all of you, Sisters.
    Brantlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I love how you pointed this out. This group, whether we are meeting in person or blogging on the web, is a way for us to grow closer to each other and to our savior. On Monday night, my Bible study friend Beverly and I were talking about how wonderful our group was because we felt so comfortable. We are able to share our triumphs and our challenges because we feel safe. We can inspire one another and keep each other accountable. And above all, when we are doing it together and with God's help we are so strong! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete