Friday, May 7, 2010

Week 2: Chapter 5/1 Corinthians 13 and Isaiah 45:8-12

Okay, I hope everyone is enjoying the studying and journaling and blogging! I know this has been a very rewarding experience for me, and I can only hope y'all get as much out of it as I have. This week you read some strategies for study and then got right in God's Word. (That's what this study is all about!!!) What were some strategies that you learned that you didn't know before? What things stood out to you? (Brantlee had an "Ah Ha!" moment. Anyone else?) Also, was anything confusing? Always blog the things you don't understand, too. Maybe the Holy Spirit was talking to someone else differently, and she may can provide an insight you didn't have.

I, like Brantlee, saw 1 Cornithians 13 in a brand new light. Because it is about "love," we often hear it read at weddings. Most of us probably had it read at our weddings. But this love is WAY beyond romantic love. I didn't truly understand exactly what Paul was saying until I did what the author suggested and really looked at the characteristics of love that he included. I began to realize that this is the kind of love Jesus shows us each and everyday. We are being admonished to show that kind of love to the people we encounter in our lives.

I didn't have quite the same reaction to the scriptures in Isaiah, but my Bible study friend Nicole had a wonderful response to it. She said that the big picture isn't for us to see. We are supposed to do what God wants us to do, even if we don't understand. Don't fight how he is using us! I was so amazed at the insight she gave me that I didn't get on my own. That is truly what the sisterhood of a Bible study is all about! We are very blessed to have each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment