Sisters...It is with the Will of the Spirit and a prayer for your understanding that I digress to a subject matter that does NOT pertain to "The Modern Girl's Guide" for this blog entry... I just must share with you the amazing morning that I had in front of the TV(For Heaven's Sake!) prior to visiting at Gary's home Church(Pond Branch Methodist) this morning.
While laboriously getting ready for Church and constantly saying "Fill in the blank with your choice of name_____...where are your shoes, are you dressed, did you brush your teeth...don't eat THAT...and etc..." I was able to catch the evangelism channel in the bedroom in the middle of all this chaos... It started with Taffi Dollar... Now, do not even think for a minute that I really know who these folks are... I have not watched these channels for very long and other than Joyce Meyer, whom I simply adore, I REALLY do not know these other folks... But, I have begun to listen to them and try to catch the scripture that they refer to, to read on my own to see what the Lord has to say...
Taffi(Lord I do hope I have spelled her name correctly) provided agreement for me with her words... Yes, I could nod and express a symbiotic relationship with what she had to say... but then, a gentleman came on next... His last name was Osteen... Can not remember the first, maybe Joel? He appeared rather young and referred the beginnings of his message to his Father whom was also a Pastor.. (You have to understand that if I have offended anyone that I do not know this man, I am amazingly sorry... I am very new at this and very green...Please forgive me.) The next part is the message for me today....
LABELS
The referral back to this man's dad, was to relay that in his dad's younger years, He was a Pastor at a Church. He married, but quickly realized a failure of discernment and the marriage ended....He was therefore a divorced Pastor... The Church where he led, no longer needed him due to this "failure" He was now the labeled FAILED Pastor. So, that is what this dad embraced...(the world has placed this label on me...so it must be true. This is what I am and this is all that I will ever be.) This man stopped fulfilling the will of the Father because of an earthly label.
Now, for all of you who know this man, you can complete this story better than I can. I believe that He became an outrageous TV evangelist, Married the love of his life, had children and lived happily ever after serving his Lord...due to ONE important step................................
He was finally led to the fact that the only person who could truly LABEL him is God.
God is the one who has already decided what YOU can do for Him....what His will is for you in this lifetime.
What other people think about you, say about you, expect of you is truly meaningless if you are in the Will of the Spirit.
The TV Evangelist gave the example of the biblical prostitute who changed her choices, accepted the will of the Father and became exactly who she was supposed to be... loved and respected.
He went on to say "can you imagine the things that everyone had to say about her... Oh, she will never be anything...I know where she has been, Don't look to her to be a leader, she has made the worst choices ever, what can SHE possibly do to promote the kingdom......BUT, look what happened when she communed with the will of her Father...
Another example of being labeled is Jabez(his name means pain and suffering...) He was labeled from the very beginning...but look at the lovely attitude of gratitude that Jabez used with his prayer to the Lord(He could have said...well I mean nothing, my life will be nothing, I will just cause suffering where ever I go...), NO, Jabez asked... Bless me Indeed!!!!
God's ultimate plan is so freeing... so liberating and so down right exciting. To know that Really, He is the only one with an opinion of you that matters... He is the only one who we should seek to satisfy... He is the only one that gets a say in the choices that are best for us....
Ladies, I hope that you are free... I hope that you are not limiting yourselves or the work in the kingdom because of labels that someone placed on you, other than your loving Father... I pray that you will no longer allow the enemy to deny you the abundance that our Lord has in store for you...
We are slaves to something in our lives...we choose to be a slave to work, shoes, opinions of others, food, sex, drugs and rock and roll...sorry, really, we are all a slave to something....
I PRAY that YOU are a slave to Jesus. This is the only truly freeing way... and remember this week when the world tries to stick you with a label....tell them, No thanks... I've already accepted my label....the one that Jesus died to give me.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13
I thank you again for your allowance of such liberty with the blog... and I hope that my thoughts in the Will of the Spirit bless you beyond measure.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you Brantlee once again for your amazing comments! Some of your words have been the very ones in my mind. The Spirit really is guiding us ALL and we can tell that from the way we are all feeling and realizing many of the same things!
ReplyDelete