I have really been taking my time with the Isaiah scripture...sorry for the length of time from my last blog. This has been a challenge for me and did not come as easy as the "a ha" moment of 1st Corinthians. Never the less, it is just as life changing.
I completely agree with Ashley's friend's insight that this scripture is about God's design... I even titled one of my journal pages "Gods Ultimate Control" I just love to think about that... Even though I tried my best to control EVERYTHING in my entire life, I have been "relieved" of that responsibility by the One who can meet every need with a simple heavenly breath...I am so thankful that the stress this one issue caused me, is finally, over. That I am now fully relying on the Maker's hands to mold me(even a mere potsherd) into the Perfect Brantlee that He wants me to be. The Girl that He is working on to carry out His plan.
I loved the unspoken tone of "Exactly who do you think you are to doubt or Question Me(the Lord) about any of My children or My choices for them... He is the Potter and we are not even worthy to be called the clay.
But, in Verse 8, He tells us that He RAINS down righteousness for the earth to open wide and allow salvation and righteousness to spring back up....a lovely image of renewal and rebirth, a cyclical relationship where He constantly gives us what we need by raining down and we give Him what He is so worthy of! HE created everything...who are we to do anything but LOVE His creation and Praise the Creator.
I am awe struck that the very Hands that "stretched out the heavens and the starry skies" were the very ones that knit me together....the very hands that knit my children together in my womb...the very hands that hold me together now, that lead me through the Word and string my thoughts together in structure. I am amazed at how loving our Lord is, in a world that chooses itself over the Creator.
My prayer is that one person at a time will be touched with the light of Jesus and that His Salvation will CHANGE every heart. Are you being changed?
Brantlee
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brantlee, that was truly amazing! Thanks so much for the inspiration! You have such a way with words that I am in awe!
ReplyDeleteAnd it is a relief to be freed from that need to control everything. When we don't give control to God, it is like going against a current. But we we relinquish ourselves and our lives to him, its so much easier. Not to say we don't have to work hard or that we will never experience hard times . . . But we know that God will be there for us to help us through. And so will our fellow Sister Chicks!